Department of Mechanical Engg.
The educational objectives for Mechanical Engineering program are designed to produce competent engineers who are ready to contribute effectively to the advancement of mechanical engineering causes and to accommodate the needs of the community. The objectives of the department is to give students a broad exposure to all areas of Mechanical Engineering and mold them to be technically competitive and place them ahead in the race for quality employment and to enable them students to acquire practical experience in Mechanical Engineering discipline through design projects and opportunities to work with faculty in research. The department works to mould the students to become future engineers, scientists, researchers, and innovators and make substantial contributions to the society of mechanical engineers.
To produce professional mechanical engineers who can meet changing requirements of dynamic scenario of the country & the world with human values & responsive to the ecology with aptitude for R & D work.
- Acquire & retain faculty with high academic competence and aptitude for R & D projects.
- Facilitate students’ learning, achieve high success rate and better employment .
- Develop positive attitude, entrepreneurial abilities AND IMPACTING personality.
- Develop faculty regularly in current & emerging technologies and effective educational practices.
- Build mutually beneficial linkages with industry, field agencies and alumni.
- Promote R & D, consultancy, continuing education services for industry and field agencies.
- Ensure learning from industrial visits & training, projects, community development and services.
- To encourage students for lifelong learning and technical problem solving.
- Become a centre of excellence by the year 2013.
- Excellence in teaching-learning process.
- Excellence in curriculum implementation.
- Excellence in creating academic environment.
- Focus on learning.
- Capability development.
- Economy driven planning.
- Self learning & problem solving through live projects.